Washington County Sheriff W. Samuel Hill, in cooperation with the DEA, has coordinated collection sites within Washington County for the safe disposal of unused prescription medications. PILLS AND CAPSULES ONLY
Washington County Sheriff’s Dept.
10 Elm Street Montpelier, VT
Montpelier Police Department
1 Pitkin Court Montpelier, VT
Barre City Police Department
15 Fourth Street Barre City, VT
Central Vermont Medical Center
130 Fisher Road, Main Lobby Berlin, VT
Medicine Shoppe (until 1:00)
20 Main Street Barre, VT
Northfield Police Department
110 Wall Street Northfield, VT
Berlin: 800 US Rt 302 – Supported by Berlin Police Department
Waterbury: 80 S. Main Street – Supported by VT State Police
Waitsfield: 5091 Main Street
Join us at the Vermont State House in Montpelier to educate legislators about how substance abuse prevention works in your community and school. EVERYONE is invited to join to:
- Visit the Vermont Capitol and observe the legislature in action;
- Boost relationships with your legislators and explain to them how prevention makes a difference in VT;
- Celebrate the 2019 Prevention Champions who will be awarded at the event;
- Hear presentations about relevant prevention issues including; vaping, Juuling & e-cigarettes, advocacy, and a legislative update on prevention related bills
- Network with other coalitions and youth doing similar work across Vermont.
1. PW is looking for coalitions or prevention advocates interested in sharing their stories of prevention during the opening session and press conference that day – stories can be offered in person or via pre-recorded video. Please reach out to Lori Augustyniak at email@example.com.
2. Attend the event in person and bring people from your community working on prevention strategies!
3. Let us know you are coming! Sign up on Facebook Event and help us spread the word by inviting your contacts. We hope to see you there!