Just Think Twice – Youth page by the Federal Drug Enforcement Agency
NIDA’s descriptions of drugs – comprehensive listing of common drugs
Partnership for Drug Free Kids – Drug Guide
Truth Initiative https://truthinitiative.org/
- Truth Initiative is America’s largest nonprofit public health organization committed to making tobacco use and nicotine addiction a thing of the past.
Prevention Technology Transfer Center Network https://pttcnetwork.org/
- The purpose of the PTTC is to improve implementation and delivery of effective substance misuse prevention interventions, and provide training and technical assistance services to the substance misuse prevention field.
National Institute on Drug Abuse https://www.drugabuse.gov/
- NIDA’s mission is to advance science on the causes and consequences of drug use and addiction and to apply that knowledge to improve individual and public health.
Change Lab Solutions https://www.changelabsolutions.org/
- ChangeLab Solutions is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization that uses the tools of law and policy to advance health equity.
Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America (CADCA) https://www.cadca.org/
- CADCA’s main goal is to support all sectors of the prevention community to come together for social change. CADCA represents over 5,000 community coalitions that involve individuals from key sectors including schools, law enforcement, youth, parents, healthcare, media and others.
Partnership to End Addiction https://drugfree.org/
- One of the nation’s leading organizations dedicated to addiction prevention, treatment and recovery, we are a diverse community of researchers, advocates, clinicians, communicators and more. Partnership to End Addiction strives to address racial inequality and injustice, both within the organization and through their work.
- ParentUp provides quick, accurate and easy-to-read information to help you stay informed while you raise your teen. Explore and get tips you can use at home.
VT Dept of Health https://www.healthvermont.gov
- DOH’s many programs and initiatives help Vermonters live fuller, healthier lives from birth through old age. With a focus on prevention, one of the best investments that can be made is in health. They promote healthy behaviors such as eating a healthy diet, having regular physical activity, and not smoking or abusing alcohol or other drugs.
- Vermont’s resource for quitting smoking and other tobacco products. 802Quits has tools and resources for smokers and the professionals that work with them.
VT Division of Liquor Control https://liquorcontrol.vermont.gov/education
- The Vermont Division of Liquor Control is here to serve the public by preventing the misuse of alcohol and tobacco through controlled distribution, enforcement, education. In addition, the DLC provides excellent customer service by operating efficient, convenient liquor agency stores.
Outright Vermont https://www.outrightvt.org/
- Outright Vermont is building a Vermont where all LGBTQ+ youth have hope, equity, and power. From youth programs, groups, and queer youth space, specifically for queer and questioning people ages 22 and under, to education and outreach work for all ages, ranging from work in schools to local non-profit agencies.
Central VT Prevention Coalition https://www.cvprevention.org
- Our mission is to create a harmonized network of communities in Central Vermont where there is no wrong door, no wrong time to get help and support for substance use disorders, and to prevent the initiation of substance use.